Video tutorial by Lougaya
Leaf Moccasins – video tutorial plus patterns
DIY Leaf Moccasins / Video & PDF Tutorial with Patterns / Custom-Fitted Leather Barefoot Shoes
Learn how to make custom-fitted leather moccasins by hand, in a few hours.
With Lougaya’s video tutorials, even beginners can make themselves a custom-fitted pair of moccasins at ease, in less than a day.
Over the course of 2 hours of video tutorial, Lougaya will clearly and precisely explain how to make moccasins that truly fit the morphology of each individual person.
No sewing machine or experience is required, all will be done with very few, and simple tools. You won’t even need to draw your own pattern as printable patterns are supplied and will be easily adjusted to fit all sizes and various foot shapes (from size 3 to 12 US men).
That’s what sets Lougaya’s patterns apart from others that you would only get in standard sizes.
Moccasins are soft-soled shoes (barefoot shoes) that act and feel just like a second skin. They are perfect for protecting your feet from sharp objects, dirt, etc., while simultaneously allowing you to feel the ground’s texture. Constructed of 100% leather, you can wear them outdoors as much as indoors.
Upon purchasing a tutorial, you will gain instant access to the videos that will guide you step-by-step through the creation process. Along with the videos, you will receive a PDF tutorial and the printable patterns.
Lougaya’s video tutorial helps viewers understand the right gesture, whereas the PDF tutorial highlights important details in large images and written explanations that help you keep track of each step in order. Even after your first pair, the PDF tutorial is a useful document to remember how to make them without having to watch all the videos again.
“The Leaf” moccasins got their name from their design in two pieces with the upper part looking like a leaf. They are made in two pieces which allow using smaller pieces of leather and offcuts. The tongue could be shaped in many ways: pointy, square, folded, with fringes…
Note that this design is the most suitable for people with high-volume feet/strong instep.
• This DOES NOT include the leather and tools. Kits are available for purchase separately.
• Tutorials also cover the topics of choosing leather and tools, as well as making soles, leather balm, and more bonuses like different ideas to make use of offcuts.
• Lougaya offers ongoing support by email if you find yourself in doubt or stuck.
• With practice, a pair can be made in only 2-3 hours, but it will usually take about 1 day on the first trial.
• It is recommended to occasionally re-sole your shoes to guarantee their durability. This can be done with leather or thin compact rubber sheet.
• This pattern will generally suit feet from size 3 to 12 US/34 to 46 EU men.
• Due to the digital nature of this product, please understand that we do not accept refunds.
Lougaya is a young craftswoman from France. She started making custom-made moccasins in 2016 while she was living in Australia. She use to sell her shoes on local craft and farmers’ markets and while traveling. Over the years not only she gained much experience and skill in the making but also in teaching her craft as she taught many live workshops to small groups of amateurs around the globe.